About Me

R.I.P. Freddy's

Pulling the tiny magnet lights off the ceiling,
a blue one still burns in my pocket.

"Fuck Ratner."
"Fuck Marty."
"I fought the law and-"

"We're not charging anymore but-" common'
leave a tip for Donald.

Stamped out cigarettes, red faces/screaming faces.

Adam said: "The last beer, the last piss, the last buzz..."
The most relieving piss I've ever had
and we read the walls for the last time:

"Dad, go home, you're drunk."

The Saudi Agenda played all night/morning:
"George Bush
Bill Clinton
George Bush
Sandwich!"

We beat out the rhythms
and on the way home
tore at the banner
spat at the fence

Evan said: "We're gonna
fill the bulldozer's gas tanks with Coca-Cola...
That way the engine will blow
and we won't be charged with terrorism!"

Trampled a bar, a shelter, a neighborhood.
Goldstein was there in yellow, "Develop Don't Destroy."
Goldstein was there in the pit.

Could've been our last day on earth.

[...and I'm from Manhattan?
No, it wasn't my neighborhood.
But what's left of my neighborhood?
A Starbuckduanereadurbanoutfitericanapparel
on every corner?
Take a housing project, raise the rent
call them luxury condos.]

My first show with The Brooklyn What.
Lani's birthday- the giraffe cake.
John crowd surfing to "Robert Pollard."
Whiskeys with Yelena
while Jamie drank White Russians.

And now I'm at Atlantic and the Q train is here.

I'm going back home but
a blue light still burns in my pocket.

No comments:

Post a Comment